Monday, August 8, 2011

The Face Shop PK105 with Breast Cancer nail art

This mani holds a special place in my heart. My best friend B has suffered from breast cancer twice, and she is kicking its butt!

I painted my nails with The Face Shop PK105, the perfect Barbie pink. Then I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try some freehand nail art … breast cancer ribbons!

 

PK1052coats

This is two coats of The Face Shop’s PK105. And the Breast Cancer ribbons in BYS French White with Konad rhinestones in the middle.

This is my very first attempt at freehand nail art, so be gentle!!! I think it turned out okay, bit wobbly and thick though!!! Freehand is TOUGH!!

Then I jazzed it up a bit with a coat of Cherimoya 2012 Cracked nail polish in Eternity (black).

 

PK1052coatswCher

 

Watcha think? B loved them, so that was all that mattered to me Smile

Em

5 comments:

  1. oh i really like this! It looks awesome! Your freehand is great too! I thought i was pretty crap at it (and still do) but i've come along way. Practice, practice, practice. As you get more confident you'll become more steady and it will become easier.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Kelz! My hand tends to spaz out when I try to hold it still so it was a challenge :P I'll definitely keep practicing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did beautifully! I never attempt it, because I fail so much :(

    Good luck to your friend, I hope she kicks its butt for good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thank you Ree :) :) :) She's kicked its butt before, she'll do it again :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and pink design. I would like to ask you to make a video tutorial on how you end up on this kind of nail design. I will appreciate it ever more. My cancer alternative treatment center likes this so much. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete