Tuesday, November 22, 2011

piCture pOlish Bliss with Violet Femme

Urgh. Fail, fail, fail. I’ve had a few fail manis lately and I hate it!!! This is another one!

It all started off well, with piCture pOlish Bliss:

 

Bliss2ct

This was two coats. Gorgeous formula, gorgeous colour. This was such a light lilac that it was almost white!

 

So, I bought some craft scissors off eBay, planning on using them to cut pretty designs in tape to do tape manis. I got them and realise that they would not cut through any kind of tape!

So I decided to cut paper and just wrap it around my finger. Here was the outcome:

Bliss2ctVioletFemme

Ewwwwwww.. The dark purple is piCture pOlish Violet Femme. This was meant to be the wavy craft scissors design. *Sigh*.

It turned out to be a lot harder than I expected to keep the paper tight around my nail without moving it and smudging the polish. It just did not work!

And then I had the bright idea (AFTER I did the mani) to use paper labels. Hahaha. So guess what I’ll be doing next time!! Oh well, better late than never Smile with tongue out

 

Have you done any fail manis lately?
Em

9 comments:

  1. Awww I'm sorry that these didn't turn out the way you planned. You had a really great idea to start off with though! I think I've had quite a few manis that didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but I managed to get them to work somehow.. hehe (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put some kind of gitter over it. Glitter fixes everything :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks Sneak :) I was disappointed these didn't work but at least I have a solution for the next time!

    Ohhhhhh you are SO right!! Why didn't I think of that?! I should have put some Northern Lights over it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper labels are such a great idea. I always have trouble with tape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really like :) Sticky paper labels are great but can sometimes be awful to remove. Would love to see how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not that bad, good colour combo....I agree put some glitter over it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat, that's what the french guides and stuff you can buy are! So I figure it'll work :D
    Sarah, I always make sure to stick them on my hand heaaaps before I put it on my nail!
    Thanks, guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snap Em. I bought a whole set of craft scissors from costco, all with different designs. Mine don't cut sticky tape either, but if I put painters blue tape onto baking paper, it cuts that, then the painters blue tape lifts off the baking paper.

    That said, I still haven't achieved anything worth photographing yet! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh it's so annoying, isn't it Cathy!? Oh that's a good idea, baking paper!!

    Tape manis are hard for me!!!

    ReplyDelete