Saturday, June 30, 2012

Revlon–Ruby Ribbon

I really must be feeling Wintery at the moment because I’ve been going for a lot of deeper, richer polish colours. I don’t blame me for feeling Wintery because the nights/early mornings here have been bloody cold!!! It got down to –2.4 degrees the other morning. Brrrrr!

 

This is Revlon Ruby Ribbon Matte Suede:

RubyRibbon2ct

Hrmmm … I’m not sure how I feel about it! I really like the photos now but I remember when I was wearing it I just wanted to stamp over it because it wasn’t the most exciting polish!

This is two coats which went on well.

I had a feeling this polish would look better with a top coat, so I applied a coat of Seche Vite:

RubyRibbonTC

Much better! Still not grabbing my attention but it really brought out the shimmer. I still think a nice silver stamp would have looked awesome over this. I think this will go back in my untrieds drawer to remind me to try it again sometime!

Have you been using darker colours for Winter, Aussies?

Em

2 comments:

  1. definitely looks better with the top coat.
    Stamping would look cool or how about a gold flakie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, gold flakie would work well! And THEN mattified :D

    ReplyDelete