Sunday, December 16, 2012

Revlon–Glitz n’ Glam

This is another ancient photo but I still remember this mani well. Why? Because it was the first time I tried the PVA base coat from Essence, of course!

Now ladies (and gents – I don’t discriminate), this stuff is revolutionary. Essence released their Peel Off Base Coat in their Ready for Boarding collection a few months ago. It didn’t take long for the cluey girls at Aussie Nails to figure out it was simply PVA glue in a bottle.

And now, using the foil method to remove glitter bomb polishes is a thing of the past. Now, I’m actually encouraged to peel my nail polish off! As I said, revolutionary!


Enough of my babble. Here is Revlon Glitz n’ Glam:

GlitzNGlam2ct

Two coats of this blingtastic pink glitter bomb gave me full coverage. It had been so long since I’d worn such a full on glitter because of the pain-in-the-ass removal process. But I applied a thick coat of the Essence Peel Off Base Coat and away we went.

When it came to peeling it off, it was a little more difficult than I anticipated. Instead of being able to peel off the polish in large sheets, I had to do a fair bit of scraping. Luckily since then I’ve refined my PVA technique. I now apply two thin coats of the base coat instead of one thick coat. It works amazingly well. There’s nothing more satisfying than peeling your polish off in one perfect piece. Yes, I’m a freak! But I’m okay with that Winking smile

 

Have you jumped on the PVA bandwagon yet? If not, what are you waiting for?! PVA is cheap and easily accessible. All you need is an empty polish bottle to decant it into!

 

Em

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I bought two bottles of the peel off base coat but have yet to use them because I was reading about everyone else's difficulties with it. Two coats it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two thin coats is definitely the charm with me! I can finally wear all my glitter bombs :D

    ReplyDelete