Sunday, July 3, 2011

BYS White Pearl with BYS Red Cracked

I bought my first BYS Cracked’s the other day! They didn’t have the black at my local store (the only one in the town which sells BYS) so I got red and hot pink.

I started with three coats of BYS White Pearl. And there was still VNL.

WhitePearl3coats
What a boring colour. Very thin and runny and so difficult to apply neatly. There was a fair bit of clean up involved in this!!!
So glad I was putting something over this.

WhitePearlRedCracked
With a thick coat of the BYS Red Crackle.

Meh … I don’t know. I didn’t really like it when I first put it on, but it did grow on me a bit. Tis a good thing I wasn’t too attached to it though because less than 12 hours after I applied it, it was chipped like crazy. This polish is not long lasting. And it is a biatch to get off. I had to use the foil method:

Foil
This is an awesome way to get stubborn nail polish off super easily. You put some nail polish remover on your nail and wrap some alfoil around it. Then leave it for five minutes and pull the whole thing off, making sure you wipe the nail. The alfoil keeps the polish remover from drying out and your nail polish will all be off Open-mouthed smile Usually there’s a tiny bit around the edges to clean up but not much at all.

Anyway, I’m not sure about the red crackle. Maybe it would look better with black or midnight blue shimmer underneath. What do you guys think?

Em

5 comments:

  1. I very much like that combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stef! It took a little bit of getting used to but I liked it in the end. Still think I want to try it with a darker base colour though. I'm looking forward to trying the hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red is rather cute! Maybe one day (probably when everyone thinks they're tacky) I'll fall for crackles and collect them all.

    With a sparkly base colour would be pretty. Mind you, I like to have sparkles in everything!

    I've still yet to try the foil method, I just use up 10 cotton pads xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crackles are definitely not for everyone!!

    The foil method rocks, so easy for lazy people like me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. no se ve muy crackle

    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete