Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Face Shop BK901

I had such high hopes for this polish. In the bottle it looked amazing – a black base with green and purple colour shifting glitter. It looked so, so pretty. But alas, it was not to be.


Here is The Face Shop BK901:

BK901_2ct2

Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice, but it was only in certain lights that I could see a little green glitter. But I could never see the purple glitter, and certainly not both at once.

This was two coats and the formula was fine, I just wanted the pretty glitter *whines*.

 

I added some dotties to jazz it up a bit:

BK901_2ct

Meh. Just one of those manis I’m not very excited about. I dotted using Rokk96 Silver Screen.  It definitely livened the mani up but not enough.

 

I envisioned this polish to be a lot more like Ozotic Elytra but the black base was just too dark.


Ah well, better luck next time!

Em

2 comments:

  1. I can see what you mean. It's pretty, it's just not wow. :D I like the little dots though. And I would personally have added some kind of glittery top coat, but that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! Glittery top coat would have made it pop for sure!

    ReplyDelete